VPN for WINDOWS
Virtual Private Network is a technology which is widely used by large corporate organizations and businesses to allow their employees to work from home by connecting them to their office networks using the internet. The main benefit to using the VPN technology is to secure the network traffic by using the tunneling protocols.
Windows has the ability to function as a VPN server as it is inbuilt in it. Both windows 7 and windows 8 can use the trick to work with. The server uses the PPTP protocol. There are many consumer VPN solutions available to you if you are using windows operating system. You are offered the same security and privacy benefits that a corporate VPN server provides.
Those who use windows, the following benefits they can offer by VPN providers.
Hiding your IP Address
VNP for windows can hide your personal IP address by replacing it with another IP address provided by them. An IP address use as a digital fingerprint which will attach with every website which you visit. By the way hackers can find your IP and trace you for their benefits. But if your device is controlled by VPN for windows the hackers could not find your IP address.
Unblock websites from anywhere
Some organizations such as some offices, colleges, schools blocked some websites for several reasons. But naturally you do not want to be trapped by your institution or superiors. In that case VPN gives you the solution to unblock the websites and you can enjoy with what you want. VPN for windows give you the option to browse the internet as an anonymous user.
CONFIGURATION OF VPN
If you want to configure VPN into your device there are two ways to do it. Those are outgoing and incoming.
When you want to set up a remote computer into the office network the process is called outgoing. With that connection you can enjoy random browsing of internet from anywhere.
Incoming is something where a device allows secure connections from other devices, in a selected network. So that you can exchange data through your network more securely.
Set up process for outgoing Connection
1. Click start->search bar type VPN->select set up a virtual VPN connection
2. Enter IP address of the server to which you want to connect.
3. Click next.
4. Next screen put user name and password.
5. Click connects.
6. To connect click on the logo of windows network->select connect under VPN connection.
7. In the connect VPN connection box, enter domain name and your log in details.
8. Click connects.
9. Navigate security tab->from the drop down list select the type of VPN.
10. Click ok and connect.
Set up process for incoming Connection
1. Click the start button->in search bar type network and sharing.
2. Click change adapter settings.
3. Click file->new incoming connection.
4. Select users you should like to connect->click next.
5. Click through the internet->select next.
6. Select the internet protocol you like to use.