Benefits of Using VPN
VPN technology gives you the benefit of sending encrypted data over unencrypted networks which is one of the many benefits that come with using VPN as opposed to proxies that do not offer adequate security and privacy when you are browsing the web. But this is just one of the many benefits of using VPN and here are a few more;
- VPN will help you unlock websites such as YouTube, Facebook and Twitter or any other sites that you may not have access to. VPNs allow you to bypass firewalls that may have been set by the administrators of these sites to specifically keep you out and by using VPN you can gain access to these sites anywhere and anytime you want.
- Because of the privacy and anonymity that VPN can accord you, you can be free to browse the web anonymously. This is because VPN creates an encrypted tunnel that connects your computer with the VPN provider’s servers such that you are free to browse the web, make online transactions and download files anonymously without the threat of being spied oR tracked.
- Another of the benefits of using VPN is that the application will mask your IP address from the threat of spammers, hackers and snoopers who monitor your online activities in an attempt to steal your information such as credit card details and passwords. With your IP address masked, you can browse the internet anonymously.
- VPN allows you to keep your browsing activities as well as your personal information private even if you are connecting to the internet via a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- A VPN application will also give you the added benefit of alerting you whenever you visit a site that is known to contain malware. Plus, some VPN providers may even have a feature that allows the application to block the site and therefore prevent these spam sites from infecting your computer.